EDRS runs a 2 year Hadracha training course, training young people in school years 9+ to be able to volunteer within EDRS Orot, Clubs and Haoliday Camps.
The course covers various aspects of youth work, teaching and leadership and not only develops knowledge of youth work, traching and practice, but allows individuals to build life skills including confidence, communication, planning and presentation. Areas of training include:
* Roles and responsibilities of a youth leader and teaching assistant
* How to write and deliver fun and educational activities
* Power and influence
* Games sessions – how and when to run games with children
* Child protection
* How to run drama, arts & crafts and sports sessions
* Policies and procedures of safe Child Care
* Ofsted and First Aid
* Social Action
As well as the theory side, participants will also undertake ‘work experience’ within our younger clubs, sunday morning Orot and during our Pesach Play Scheme and Kaytana Summer Camps.
Please note that for non members of the synagogue, there is a £20 per year charge for this course.
Applications are now open for our 2015 intake. (course starting October)